Head of Equine & Smallholder Nutrition
We are looking for an individual to be the Head of our Equine & Smallholder Nutrition team, who shares the same values as we do and has a real drive to improve both equine and smallholder animal nutrition and educate the owners for the animals we feed. Our horse owners are mainly leisure riders so experience in this area is essential.
The Head of Equine & Smallholder Nutrition will play a major part in overseeing product development, formulating new feeds, feed trials, sampling and the nutritional analysis of feeds in line with current legislation.
As the role includes giving equine nutritional advice over the phone, email and at shows and events the successful candidate will be approachable and able to relate and communicate to colleagues and customers of all ages and backgrounds. As well as the ability to write articles for internal and external publications, the successful candidate will also be proficient in writing and presenting nutritional lectures.
As this role covers both our equine and smallholder ranges, in addition to equine knowledge and experience we are also looking for someone who can give nutritional advice for animals such as poultry, pigs, sheep, goats and cattle.
Successful candidates will have experience of managing a team, have leisure horse experience and ideally hold at least a relevant Master’s Degree.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Management of an award winning team of nutritionists.
- Strategic involvement in new product development and researching the feasibility of potential new products.
- Assisting a Company Director on the formulation of new feeds and overseeing feed trials in-line with changing legislation.
- Working with a Company Director on sampling ingredients and finished products, nutritional analysis and associated interpretation and administration
- Liaising with the Marketing Department to ensure production of technical documents for marketing and legislative purposes.
- Ensuring the delivery of nutritional support and product training to the Area Sales Managers
- Attending relevant conferences to keep up-to-date with industry developments and reporting on findings
- Writing nutritional articles for internal and external publications and marketing materials
- Responsibility for co-ordinating our Product Customer Service - before, during and after a purchase.
- Preparing and presenting nutritional talks at events and educational establishments
- Other duties as your nutrition department requires
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 29th September 2017
- Educated to at least a Master’s degree level, ideally in Equine Science, Equine Studies, Animal Science or Animal Management
- Outstanding technical knowledge in animal nutrition – equine is essential, some smallholder preferable
- Experience of managing a team
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Outstanding Customer Service / people skills
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, drive, enthusiasm and a proactive approach
- Computer literate
- Full UK driving license required
- Reside within 45 minutes of our Norfolk Head Office
For an Allen & Page Application Form Click Here