Senior Nutritionist & Team Supervisor
Allen & Page are recruiting for a Senior Nutritionist to lead their award winning nutrition team.
Having launched ‘L’ Mix in 1995 as a feed suitable for those prone to laminitis, we have continued to be at the forefront of equine feeds. Being the first company to launch low starch and low sugar feeds (which now forms part of the Barley & Molasses Free Range) we have always formulated premium feeds. We continue to innovate and improve our products whilst focusing on using natural ingredients wherever possible in the most environmentally friendly way we can.
We are looking for a Senior Nutritionist who shares the same values as we do and has a real drive to improve animal nutrition and educate the owners for the animals we feed. An individual, who has the ability to encourage our customers to genuinely care for and want the best for their animals. By fully understanding equine health and dietary requirements, as well as other smallholder animals, the Senior Nutritionist will play a major part in product development, formulating new feeds, overseeing feed trials, sampling and the nutritional analysis of feeds in line with current legislation.
As the role includes giving equine nutritional advice over the phone, email and at shows and events the successful candidate will be approachable and able to relate well to colleagues and customers of all ages and backgrounds. As well as the ability to write articles for internal and external publications, the successful candidate will also be proficient in writing and presenting nutritional lectures.
In addition to equine knowledge and experience we are also looking for someone who can give nutritional advice for smallholder animals such as poultry, pigs, sheep, goats and cattle. Successful candidates will have experience of managing a team, have commercial equine experience and ideally hold a relevant Masters Degree.
• Practical equine involvement, relevant qualifications* and experience essential
• Creativity, drive, enthusiasm and a proactive approach
• Organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
• Customer Service / people skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Some smallholder experience would be preferable.
*We are ideally looking for someone with a Masters degree. Relevant degrees include: Equine Science, Equine Studies, Animal Science and Animal Management
Core duties and responsibilities:
• Nutritional helpline – answering and recording nutritional and stockist enquiries by written and verbal communication with the main focus on equine but also smallholder animals, rabbits and guinea pigs
• Working with the Company Nutritionist on the formulation of new feeds and overseeing feed trials in-line with changing legislation
• Key involvement in new product development and researching the feasibility of potential new products
• Working with the Company Nutritionist on sampling raw materials and finished products, nutritional analysis and associated interpretation and administration
• Preparing and presenting nutritional talks at events and educational establishments
• Attending relevant conferences to keep up-to-date with industry developments and reporting on findings
• Writing nutritional articles for internal and external publications and marketing materials
• Providing nutritional support to the Area Sales Managers
• Overseeing that all product sheets are up to date
• Managing our Product Customer Service - before, during and after a purchase.
• Other duties as the department requires
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 16th August 2017
An opportunity has arisen for a Creative Assistant within the Marketing Team. Working alongside the Marketing Supervisor the successful candidate will assist in the development and implementation of marketing initiatives with particular emphasis on design and point of sale materials.
You will report directly to the Marketing Supervisor to form integrated marketing campaigns. You will be responsible for the creative development and execution of artwork, presenting ideas and concepts and scheduling lead times.
Ideally you will have previous experience of working in a graphic design/creative position, alongside a relevant degree and real creative flair. Preferably you will have some small livestock/equine knowledge with a strong visual sense and an eye for detail as well as being competent in using Adobe creative suite, in particular Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. You will also be passionate and enthusiastic about design and a good team player as you will work within a close team to ensure a cohesive approach to marketing in line with the company brand.
As this is an office based role, candidates need to reside within a commutable distance of our headquarters in Norfolk.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Artwork – Creating artwork for ASM posters, company literature, adverts and websites etc.; working with external design agencies on projects as required; organising print and checking printer’s proofs.
• Photography – Managing the company photo library; taking photos for websites / literature and image searching as required.
• Project work – Working alongside the Marketing Manager, developing, proofing, arranging print, providing administrative support etc. for projects such as internal publications, promotions and new product launches.
• Marketing support – Handling all on-line and imagery requests from the Area Sales Managers and providing general administrative support and phone cover to the department.
We are looking for the following skills, experience and educational qualifications:
• Ideally a BA (Hons) Graphic Design or equivalent
• Competent in using Adobe creative suite: Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
• Creative flair
• Good organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
Closing date for applications: Monday 24th July 2017
For an application form and further details, please contact:
Allen & Page Ltd
Tel: 01362 822 900
Fax: 01362 822 910
For an Allen & Page Application Form Click Here